[Note: Due to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation, the Clinical Job Shadowing programme is suspended until further notice.]
Sengkang General Hospital (SKH) accepts students from different levels who are interested in studying and working in healthcare for clinical shadowing. The CJS programme is offered twice a year, during the Singapore school holidays in June and December. This program is specially designed and it encompass hospital tours, lectures, discussions and sharing by various healthcare professions. Through this shadowing program, the students are able to gain some insights of the healthcare settings in the hospital before they embark on their next important education path selection as well as their career decision making.
Pre-requisites before CJS
Job shadowing students may need to access clincial and patient-care areas and hence must show proof of immunity of the following diseases. Only proof of vaccinations done at least 10 days prior to the date of attachment to the hospital will be accepted.
Documented proof of vaccination; and post vaccination serological evidence of immunity (anti-HBs concentrations of ≥ 10mIU/mL)
Serological evidence of immunity; or
Laboratory confirmation of disease; or
Documented proof of vaccination
Tetanus Diphtheria and Pertussis (TDAP)
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
Serological evidence of immunity against all three diseases; or
Laboratory confirmation of all three diseases; or
2. Fire SafetyAll students doing a job shadowing experience in SKH must undergo a compulsory set of fire safety briefing slides before commencing their placement.
3. ConfidentialityIn line with the PDPA act, all students doing job shadowing in the hospital must undergo a compulsory set of PDPA reading slides and attempt a quiz before commencing placement.
4. SecurityStudents may be stopped by security officers for identification checks. Personal belongings should not be left lying around. SKH will not be liable for any loss of personal belongings.
5. Specific Infection control measuresSupervisors are encouraged to assess the infection risks of patients and not expose the job-shadowing student to unnecessary risks e.g. areas where N95 masks need to be worn.
6. Fees ChargeableThe hospital will charge $535.00 (Incl. GST) for the official job shadowing programme. Fees are not refundable once paid unless the department is unable to fulfill its obligations due to extenuating circumstances.
If the attachment has been terminated for breach of regulations, there will be no refund of fees.
Interested parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the details.
Testimonials and feedback from previous participants:
“The exposure gained was valuable and gave us a better picture of how the healthcare system works in Singapore. Staff from the different departments were engaging and exposed us to their job scopes in a very interesting way and the duration of the programme was just right.”
“I enjoyed following the doctors, the hands on activities, and the overall experience."
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...