The following group will require a negative Antigen Rapid Test (ART) / Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test result on HealthHub obtained within 24hrs prior to each visit.
You may also visit any of the MOH-approved ART Providers prior to coming to SKH. If you have obtained COVID-negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) result in the last 24 hours, you need not go for ART. Please show the counter staff the HealthHub or SMS notification.
Antigen Rapid Testing (ART) is a test that detects SARS-CoV-2, a virus that causes the COVID-19. A swab stick will be inserted into your nostrils to obtain a sample for testing. It may feel a little uncomfortable but the test will be over quickly and the results will be ready in 20 minutes.
In line with MOH’s guidelines, it is a mandatory requirement for all visitors and caregivers, regardless of your vaccination status to produce a valid negative ART test result obtained within the last 24 hours prior to each visit. Only those who have recovered from COVID-19 and are able to present a valid pre-event test (PET) exemption notice will be exempted from this.
This measure is necessary to reduce the potential transmission of the virus and reduce the risk of COVID-19 clusters forming in the hospital. We seek your understanding and cooperation as we make adjustments to protect our patients and staff during this transition period.
Where can I get the ART?- The ART Swab Station is located opposite Polar Puffs & Cakes, Sengkang General Hospital and is open from 10am to 8pm (last registration at 7:30pm) daily. Please refer to the map below for directions.
Before you undergo an ART test, please go to the Visitor Registration Counter where our staff will issue an ART form. Take this form and proceed to the ART Swab Station for registration:
1) Go to the Visitor Registration Counter at level 1 (Blk 1-2, Blk 3-6 or Blk 7-9), where our staff will help you complete an ART form.
2) Go to the ART Swab Station for registration.
3) Wait for your turn to be swabbed.
4) You will be tagged.
5) You will receive an SMS on your test result in 20 minutes. Once you have received your result, you can proceed to the wards.
6) If your result is positive, our ART station will notify you immediately.
If you do not own a mobile phone, you may return to the ART Swab Station after 20 minutes to get your result. We will activate contact tracing immediately should your result be positive.
Please note that the ART result is only valid for 24 hours. If you intend to visit the next day, you will need to undergo ART again.
Antigen Rapid Test (ART) Swab Station
Opposite Polar Puffs & CakesSengkang General Hospital Operating Hours: 10am to 8pm daily
1) I don’t want to take the test. Can I skip it?
In accordance with MOH policy, all approved visitors and caregivers are required to show proof of their negative COVID-19 results prior to visiting, regardless of vaccination status. You will not be allowed to visit if you choose not to take the test.
Anyone making false declarations can be charged. 2) Do I have to pay for the test?
ART charges will be applicable for unvaccinated and/or partially unvaccinated visitors/caregivers from 1 October 2021. Payment should be made at the Business Office (during operating hours) before proceeding to the ART station.
3) Can I take the test earlier/in the morning, and visit my loved one later in the day/evening?
The ART result is only valid for 24 hours. All approved visitors and caregivers will have to do the ART every day if they visit the patient daily. We will allow you a one-time entry the next day if your result is still valid. If you wish to re-enter the ward after your result has expired, we will require you to go through the test again to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
4) I took a PCR test recently at my GP/polyclinic/HDB block test. Can I skip this ART? You are required to show proof of your negative PCR test result if the test was conducted outside of SKH in the past 24 hours. Please show the result slip or notification from HealthHub or SMS to our staff at the Visitor Registration Counter.
Anyone making false declarations can be charged.5) Can I show the result from a self-test kit that I bought from Watsons/hospital pharmacy? Results from self-testing kits will not be accepted, as per MOH guidelines. 6) I am vaccinated for COVID-19. Should I still take the ART test?
7) Where do I go while waiting for the results of my ART test?
Upon clearing the swab test, you will be given a tag and can then proceed to the ward. Please note you would have to provide a negative test result before proceeding to the ward. If you do not own a handphone, you may return to the ART Swab Station to retrieve your result.
8) What happens if my ART test result is positive? Should your ART test result be positive, please inform our ward nurses immediately. You will be sent to an isolation room before our staff transfer you to our Emergency Department for further evaluation.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...