From 22 Nov 2021, SKH has implemented vaccination-differentiated safe management measures based on the patient's and visitor's vaccination status.
Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated Patients
No visitors allowed unless under exceptional conditions*
Fully Vaccinated Visitors
Please conduct your own Antigen Rapid Test (ART) at home within 24 hours of your visit, and indicate the date and time it was taken. Take a photo of the negative test result with the front of your NRIC and show it to our staff at Visitors Registration Counter.
Fully Vaccinated Visitors include: (1) Persons who have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 270 days, regardless of their vaccination status; (2) Persons who have recovered from COVID-19 more than 270 days ago and are fully vaccinated; and (3) Persons who are medically ineligible to undergo vaccination (with acceptable poof of their medical ineligible status).
Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated Visitors
Not allowed to visit our wards, unless under exceptional conditions*
Show a negative ART/PCR result on HealthHub obtained within 24hrs prior to each visit. You can visit any of the MOH-approved ART Providers. To ensure that the registration process is smooth, we strongly encourage that you have the negative results of your ART before coming to the Hospital.
* Exceptional Conditions include: DIL/ICU patients; or patients requiring additional care support. e.g. patients who have mental incapacities or family members who are undergoing caregiver training to better care for their loved ones after hospital discharge.
Visitors with urgent need (e.g. patient has passed on, urgent conference with doctors) are allowed to the ward to settle their immediate needs first.
On your admission, our staff will share with you and your caregiver more information about the ART.
You do not need to adhere to the COVID19 test or the vaccination-differentiated safe management measures requirements at the moment.
Antigen Rapid Testing (ART) is a test that detects SARS-CoV-2, a virus that causes the COVID-19. A swab stick will be inserted into your nostrils to obtain a sample for testing. It may feel a little uncomfortable but the test will be over quickly and the results will be ready in 20 minutes.
In line with MOH’s guidelines, it is a mandatory requirement for all visitors and caregivers, regardless of your vaccination status to produce a valid negative ART test result obtained within the last 24 hours prior to each visit. Only those who have recovered from COVID-19 and are able to present a valid pre-event test (PET) exemption notice will be exempted from this.
This measure is necessary to reduce the potential transmission of the virus and reduce the risk of COVID-19 clusters forming in the hospital. We seek your understanding and cooperation as we make adjustments to protect our patients and staff during this transition period.
Where can I get the ART?You can visit any of the MOH-approved ART Providers. To ensure that the registration process is smooth, we strongly encourage that you have the negative results of your ART before coming to the Hospital.
- We do have an ART Swab Station located opposite Polar Puffs & Cakes, Sengkang General Hospital and is open from 10am to 8pm (last registration at 7:30pm) daily. Please refer to the map below for directions.
Before you undergo an ART test, please go to the Visitor Registration Counter at level 1 (Blk 1-2, Blk 3-6 or Blk 7-9), where our staff will issue an ART form. Take this form and proceed to the ART Swab Station for registration.
Antigen Rapid Test (ART) Swab Station
Opposite Polar Puffs & CakesSengkang General Hospital Operating Hours: 10am to 8pm daily
1) I don’t want to take the test. Can I skip it?
In accordance with MOH policy, all approved visitors and caregivers are required to show proof of their negative COVID-19 results prior to visiting, regardless of vaccination status. You will not be allowed to visit if you choose not to take the test.
Anyone making false declarations can be charged. 2) Do I have to pay for the test?
ART charges will be applicable for unvaccinated and/or partially unvaccinated visitors/caregivers from 1 October 2021. Payment should be made at the Business Office (during operating hours) before proceeding to the ART station.
3) Can I take the test earlier/in the morning, and visit my loved one later in the day/evening?
The ART result is only valid for 24 hours. All approved visitors and caregivers will have to do the ART every day if they visit the patient daily. We will allow you a one-time entry the next day if your result is still valid. If you wish to re-enter the ward after your result has expired, we will require you to go through the test again to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
4) I took a PCR test recently at my GP/polyclinic/HDB block test. Can I skip this ART? You are required to show proof of your negative PCR test result if the test was conducted outside of SKH in the past 24 hours. Please show the result slip or notification from HealthHub or SMS to our staff at the Visitor Registration Counter.
Anyone making false declarations can be charged.5) I am vaccinated for COVID-19. Should I still take the ART test?
6) What happens if my ART test result is positive? Should your ART test result be positive, please inform our ward nurses immediately. You will be sent to an isolation room before our staff transfer you to our Emergency Department for further evaluation.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...